Smart Internet Marketing to Grow Your Business
How big a deal is doing your first professional public speaking gig? It was a pretty big deal for me, anyway. I was thrilled when my old college radio (KWMU at UMSL) buddy Walt Holley, Jr. asked me to speak to the St. Louis chapter of NAIFA – National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. Walt and I became reacquainted about a year ago after some 34 years since going our separate ways in the late seventies.
Walt is the president of the local NAIFA chapter. As we got reacquainted at a Cardinals game, and he heard me talk passionately about my Internet marketing business, he realized that I might have something of value to share with the NAIFA membership.
The audio quality isn’t great, but I figured it was good enough to share with the world as episode 5 in my Talkabout podcast series.
Most small businesses use the internet as an economical way to attract new clients and provide customer support. Websites often don’t reach their potential because they are poorly optimized for search engine traffic and customer engagement. Similarly, companies’ social media accounts on LinkedIn and Facebook, which can be helpful in attracting new customers, often don’t because they are not properly set up with compelling profiles and maintained with compelling content. Romondo Davis is an Internet marketing consultant who helps small businesses maximize their web-based assets to capture new customers and engage existing customers.
- Gain a clear understanding of what Internet marketing can do for small business.
- Learn strategies and tactics for optimizing web content for search traffic.
- Create a system for creating compelling content to grow business.
- What can Internet marketing do for my business? – The importance and power of search
- Who is my audience? – Knowing my target market
- How will they find me? – Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- What should they find on my website? – Design and organization
- What about social media? Community and conversation
- How will I stand out? – Compelling content
- How will I stay focused? – Editorial calendar
- How will I know this makes a difference? Track your stats
- How do I stay current with internet marketing? – Read, listen, observe
I’d love to talk to your group. Contact me here.